3D Printing at the Yale School of Art
There are two MakerBot Replicator + machines available at the Yale School of Art.
24 hour access 3D Printing is available on these two machines and they are available to Yale School of Art graduate students, art majors, and students enrolled in art classes.
Makerbot Replicator + #1 is located in rm 215B (All School Annex Lab) at 1156 Chapel Street
Makerbot Replicator + #2 is located on the 4th floor (Sculpture Lab) at 36 Edgewood
You can format your file on the software “MakerBot Print” on your personal computer and then bring your file to the Makerbot on a USB drive. You can also format your file from designated lab computers with “MakerBot Print” installed on them. These computers will have a sticker on them that say “MakerBot.”
PRINT SETUP INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MAKERBOT REPLICATOR +
1) Open “MakerBot Print” on your personal computer or the lab computer.
You can download “MakerBot Print” on your home / studio computer here:
2) Sign in with your MakerBot account.
Don’t have a MakerBot account? Go here and make one: https://accounts.makerbot.com/
3) PRINTER INSTALLATION
Click + to Add Printer / Add an Unconnected Printer / Replicator+ / Replicator + Export Only
Note: Here you are choosing the model of printer we have so that your file will be formatted in the software correctly for it.
4) Once you have added a printer click back on the main interface to exit the add printer interface
5) Drag and drop your file into MakerBot print then manage your settings.
Need help with settings?
6) Click Export.
Export to your desktop then put the file on a USB thumb drive.
7) Turn on the MakerBot using the switch on the back if it is off.
8) Insert your USB thumb drive into MakerBot Replicator + USB port and follow the on-screen prompts to print your object.
9) Need to change filament?
THE EXTRUDER IS HOT! PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH IT!
PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org for support
Last edited by: Anahita Vossoughi
Edit access: Everybody